- Responsible for presentations of all materials related to the film, i.e., story reels, work prints, previews, outputs, etc.
- Import story boards and dialogue recordings
- Oversee and participate in scratch, production, and ADR dialogue recording sessions
- Assist Editors with preparations of assets
- Responsible for publishing cut lists/EDLs and change notes
- Attend screenings and work with Editors to incorporate changes resulting from those screenings
- Act as liaison between Los Angeles and Paris teams
- Meet delivery deadlines and accurately monitor quality control
- Assist Editors and Production with all other requests
- 1 year of prior experience as an Assistant Editor
- Highly proficient in AVID Media Composer and Mac OS
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects is a plus
- Ability to anticipate needs based on schedules and target dates
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Knowledge of the latest editing techniques and visual trends
- Animation editing experience is preferred
- IATSE Local 700 union – status must be current and up to date on the contract services roster
Illumination, founded by Academy Award® nominee Chris Meledandri in 2007, is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. The company’s releases include two of the top-ten animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved franchises—infused with memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance—have grossed more than $6.25 billion worldwide.
Illumination, which has an exclusive financing and distribution partnership with Universal Pictures, is the creator of the hugely successful world of Despicable Me, which includes Minions, the third-highest-grossing animated film of all time and the most profitable film in Universal’s history, as well as the Academy Award®- nominated Despicable Me 2 and Despicable Me 3, which made more than $1 billion at the global box office.
Illumination recently launched two original properties that captivated audiences worldwide: The Secret Life of Pets, which achieved the best opening for an original movie, animated or otherwise, in U.S. history, and the global smash, Sing. And in 2018, Illumination’s Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch had the biggest opening weekend of any Christmas-themed movie in history. The studio recently released The Secret Life of Pets 2 in June 2019. Illumination’s upcoming films include Minions: The Rise of Gru in July 2021 and Sing 2 in December 2021.