Role Purpose: As an Assistant Producer, you will work directly with producers to assist in all aspects of long-form journalism for distribution across the NBC News platforms.
– Contribute to production of original long form news content, including, story development, booking interviews, coordinating travel for guests, conducting pre-interviews and on-camera interviews.
– Participate in shooting, scripting, fact-checking and editing as directed
– Produce on-line and broadcast segments as needed under the direction of Senior Producer/Producer
– Coordinate with technical, operations staff and external resources
– Organize media for edit and archiving,
– Log video
– Research and procure archival footage- from outside sources as well as NBC stations, Access Hollywood and the NBC Archives.
– Must have at least 2 years of editorial production
experience in long form programming for network or
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree
– Ability to learn a variety of apps/programs quickly – such
as INEWS to LMX, Stratus, and Media Central.
Additional Job Requirements:
– Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through
nbcunicareers.com to be considered
– Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts,
including weekends and overnights. Must be able to
work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or
no notice as dictated by business needs.
– Must be willing to work in New York, NY
– Must be willing to travel extensively to cover stories.
– Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and
– DV shooting experience including DSLR/shooting both
breaking news and documentary style
– Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news
and current events
– Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
– Ability to communicate well with the team on the story as
well as your manager
– Ability to edit with non-linear editing systems especially
Avid a plus, but not necessary
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.