Associate Producer Purpose: The Associate Producer serves as a team leader and technical coordinator of live events and virtual meetings. During planning and production, they will interface with the project managers, end clients, and vendors to facilitate the execution of a smooth show on projects of small scope and intensity. For larger projects, they will work under the direction of a senior producer. This role requires the ability to calmly adjust on the fly and proactively work to avoid curveballs, as well as excellent leadership, communication, information retention, and multi-tasking skills. The role may require occasional travel, onsite work with clients, and working outside of standard business hours.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER JOB DUTIES:
Pre- and Post-Production:
- Through consultation with clients and in tandem with a senior producer, translates the creative vision of the event into logistic and production needs
- Assists the project manager and senior producer in coordinating logistics and production of event, including but not limited to budgets, location scouting, vendor procurement, content production, schedule planning, creation of set displays, platform branding, link creation (for virtual meetings) and more – always maintaining frequent and thorough communication, and operating under the direction of senior staff when assigned
- Coordination of documentation – organization and dissemination of all materials and show information
- Schedules and facilitates pre-production meetings with crew as needed beyond the project kickoff
- Assists the project manager and senior producer with monitoring budgets and provides financial reports of expenditures post-event
- Coordinates the production and handoff of final deliverables, including notes, final files, reports, VOD, etc.
- Oversees or assists with execution of production logistics onsite: responsible for AV oversight, call times, communication with crew, vendor management, and other tasks as needed
- Creates and distributes the meeting show flow
- Calls the show and leads the production team in the field; assists senior producer on larger scale meetings
- Works closely with other members of the crew to achieve production goals
- Ensures crew is functioning efficiently and professionally; always looking out for the team’s wellbeing as well as Brella’s profitability and brand image while in the field
- Provides technical production support by directing location of cameras, audio, lighting, and other crew positions
- Facilitates troubleshooting of technical and logistical issues that arise
- Supports the senior producer with other tasks, as applicable
Additional Department Duties:
- Collaborates with Event Team to develop and improve workflows
- Writes, updates, and maintains documentation related to the role
- A leader on the team; sets a positive example, mentors others, and develops/facilitates training while also cultivating a growth mindset and expanding upon their own skillset
- Takes on special projects and other duties as assigned
ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills; able to effectively manage a moderate volume of demanding, concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability in leading and working collaboratively with teams; amiable personality
- Customer service orientation including professional presence and client relationship skills
- Optimistic and energetic; able to deal tactfully with demanding people
- Confident and action-oriented; able to find information through the correct channels and resolve issues quickly and creatively under pressure
- Delegation; able to hand off tasks to crew as appropriate to balance workloads and facilitate team member development
- Initiative; able to identify actionable items and manage or delegate them independently
- Strong understanding of event production, including basics of audio mixing, lighting, staging, projection, etc. for live and virtual meetings
- Proficiency with PowerPoint software to assist presenters with simple adjustments; familiarity with Adobe CC products a plus (AfterEffects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability and desire to learn and expand on skills and knowledge base
- Commitment to excellence and ongoing education in event production and to the mastery of their craft
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in video/film production, theater, music/audio, communications, or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in corporate meeting production, television production, or AV industry
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with client & vendor relations
- Track record of excellence in the field of event production
About Brella Productions
High-level vision, hands-on production
Brella Productions is a lean, green digital strategy and production company. We combine hands-on knowledge with street smarts, making for a nimble, effective team. With a diverse staff of artists and experts, and a business-wide devotion to green and renewable practices, Brella brings a thoughtful, playful spin to telling our clients’ stories.
The Brella Principles
1. We cherish our co-workers, and tell them when they’re being cool, neat, or clever. Positive feedback leads to a virtuous circle, and we like that a lot.
2. We embrace our clients–their values, culture, voice, needs, and (most importantly) mission.
3. Playfulness and humor are not mandatory, but preferred.
4. Trying new things means not everything will go smoothly, so we expect the unexpected, and we’re not afraid of a mistake–we own it, we fix it, we learn, and we move on.
5. A day where we don’t learn something new is a wasted day.