Full Job Description
FuseFX is seeking a talented and experienced Compositing Supervisor, with a background in television and/or feature film VFX, to join our creative team in New York!
The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of compositors and managing the overall quality of compositing work and continuity of 2D work on a show. The Compositing Supervisor also works closely with the Head of 2D, VFX Supervisor, VFX Producer and CG Supervisor to communicate the compositing needs of the show, assign and delegate work effectively, and represents the voice of the 2D team.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020.
· Collaborate with the Head of 2D, VFX Supervisor, and VFX Producer to assign work on a show to artists, manage the team’s resources and deadlines
· Oversee the compositing work and help artists solve comp issues and help solve technical and artistic issues
· Interface effectively with artists and supervisors in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines (CGI, roto, matte paintings, help choose element selections from the studio’s library, etc.)
· Assist in budgeting, shot reviews, interpreting client notes, and guiding the work of artists to completion of shots, as needed
· Maintain knowledge of status of all shots on assigned shows, and monitors progress both creatively and budgetarily
· Set up and complete complex shots and design sequence templates
· Responsible for maintaining consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work and encourage artists to strive for the same standards
· Develop a familiarity with the strengths of the 2D team to efficiently assign shots
Traits of a successful FuseFX Compositing Supervisor:
· Critical eye for detail and a strong aesthetic sensibility, with the ability to communicate visual ideas to the team
· Expert level knowledge of Nuke
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to provide creative, technical, and artistic solutions
· Thorough understanding color pipeline management from camera to final master (LUTS, DI process, ACES, etc.)
· Experience in project management, artist oversight, and balancing quality with time constraints
· Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to train and mentor a team of artists
· Adept at providing articulate, actionable and even-handed feedback to artists
· Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines
· Familiarity with other graphic tools (i.e. After Effects, Photoshop)
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.