Diamond Diaspora Media is a narrative company. We publish narratives intentionally and specifically to enlighten and transform the world.
Join the #1 Black-owned digital news source in the nation. Our digital media property AtlantaBlackStar.com is looking for rock stars to help us grow to #1 in the world!
DDM has an immediate opening for a Digital Video Preditor. Candidates should be familiar with producing multiple formats of digital video from conception to completion. As Digital Video Preditor for ABS, the candidate will be responsible for doing whatever it takes — long hours, hard work, etc. — to pitch quality stories and produce broadcast-quality video content for a critical multi-cultural audience that crosses several demographics.
- The Preditor will help ideate, create, produce and post video content for ABS’s website and social media platforms
- Supports all stages of the production process including; conceptualization, scripting, production management and post-production
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
- Arranges and conducts pre-interviews, writing outlines, interview questions, scripts, managing shoots and directing film crews on location
- Maintains project budget, weekly shoot schedule, and supervises post-production through delivery
- Ensures that all content is technically and editorially sound while working with other producers and supervisors to keep the site current and compelling
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of production on a given day. Projects have varied ranges of production value and budget
- Delivers a high degree of confidence and customer service while working with partners and other departments
- On the job learning of core solutions, products and services so there is thought leadership in the creative process
- Preferred knowledge of website-based reporting, preferably of content-based managed systems.
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Evaluate analytics
- A bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in radio, television, film, sound or news media in a corporate environment.
- Strong technical skills in video, audio, pre-production, and post-production. This includes in-depth knowledge of various HD and SD formats, planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography.
- Experience writing video treatments, outlines, and scripts
- Experience shooting and producing high-quality videos in a one-man-band capacity
- Experience directing/working with high-level talent
- Must have a high level of skill in motion graphics, animation and proficiency in an industry-standard animation platform like After Effects.
- Character animation skills is a huge plus
- Mastery of camera operation especially the Canon C100 and C200. A thorough understanding of various types of cameras, lenses and how to create fantastic shots is crucial
- Mastery of editing software such as or Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Ability to work irregular hours to meet deadlines which may include evenings, weekends
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, the unwavering ability to thrive in a team environment, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits + bonus
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.