Primary Location: 223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE, Atlanta,GA US
Division: Cox Media Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 194213
Cox Media Group in Atlanta, GA is looking for a digital video editor who can write, edit and produce video pieces and digital graphics for CMG’s more than 75 various websites and social media platforms.
The digital producer will work with the National Content Desk video and editorial teams to find, create, and publish original content. Content creation will include producing and editing video and some writing for digital platforms. He/She may be called upon to find, repurpose and edit video and editorial content from CMG properties and other content partners. He/She will also coordinate closely with other local TV, radio and newspaper newsrooms under the guidance of the Social and Video Managing Editor and the Senior Director of Digital Audience.
He/She should have a strong news sense and be able to make journalistically sound content decision based on available metrics and trending data. The candidate should have a strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and social media platforms. The editor may also be asked to seek out and contribute original story ideas.
This position will require weekend work (W-Sun).
• Experience with digital production
• Proficient with non-linear video editing software
• Knowledge of best practices with writing engaging content
• Excellent communications skills with team members, technical partners and management
• Proficient in writing TV-style broadcast scripts to create original digital video content
• Experience using social media in a news environment
• General knowledge of best practices when posting to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Excellent understanding of social media usage rights
• Strong news judgment and ability to enterprise and/or execute visually compelling journalism content
• High degree of proficiency in creating the right visual element to deliver high-quality, newsy, reader-focused content
• Shows ability to manage technical work with rigor and accuracy
• Demonstrates ability to find and develop nationally trending content
• Displays positive attitude, resourcefulness and strong collaboration skills in working with colleagues
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• 2-4 years of experience working in a television newsroom
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects
• Firm grasp on emerging trends in social media, web technology and web services
• Knowledge of media industry business and content management processes
• Experience with digital compositing
• Ability to shoot video
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.