This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is responsible for developing and implementing a global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy across all of Lucasfilm’s studios. This role will develop a holistic strategy that enables Lucasfilm to build/sustain an inclusive culture and attract, retain and develop diverse talent across all of our lines of business including Lucasfilm, global Industrial, Light & Magic (ILM), ILMxLAB and Skywalker Sound. The Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging will report directly to the General Manager with regular access to the President of Lucasfilm and drive change in culture, talent and norms to meet the company’s Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging objectives. This role will also have a reporting line into VP, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Disney Studios.
We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Developing a framework for guiding the implementation of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy and operational mechanisms including principles, processes and program management to enable goal achievement and support leadership accountability.
• Developing and implementing inclusion strategies in partnership with HR, Talent Acquisition, Studio Talent Group, Disney Inclusion Team, to find, grow and retain diverse talent.
• Partner with global studio heads to develop and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices that align with company Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging objectives.
• Act as primary liaison to the Inclusion team within our parent company, The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). Coordinate with TWDC leads to execute company-wide Inclusion programs.
• Consult with Talent Acquisition and Studio Talent Group to diversify talent pipelines and external / industry partnerships to source high caliber talent that reflects our audiences.
• Provide coaching, education and consultation to HR and business leaders to develop goals and practices that positively impact diversity and inclusion outcomes. Collaborate with our business leadership and HR team, in particular our HR business partners, Talent Acquisition, and the Studio Talent Group to provide insights, resources, tools and actions as it relates to workforce planning, talent acquisition, and inclusion strategies to support our mission and vision.
• Oversee and support our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) by providing coordinated tools, resources, guidance and thought leadership to meet inclusion goals.
• Establish consistent metrics and reporting to evaluate ROI on inclusion initiatives and enable leaders to assess trends, progress against targeted goals.
• Shape and influence decisions related to people practices and priorities through data, qualitative and quantitative research.
• Develop and implement our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging communications plan in close partnership with our Communications leadership to ensure all employees are informed about our objectives, priorities and programs with a clear understanding of how to engage.
• Play an integral leadership role in our outreach efforts to drive representation and impact, including through corporate partners and educational institutions.
• Continuously enhance Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging practices through providing insights that increase awareness of global market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in HR, Diversity & Inclusion related discipline with demonstrated subject matter expertise
• Knowledge of best practices and innovative diversity trends in the marketplace
• Global mindset; capable of creating country-specific strategies based on local demographic(s) and cultural nuances
• Analytical mindset; understands how to interpret data and translate into innovative solutions for Lucasfilm
• Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
• Strong project management skills; execution focus with the ability to scale and deliver inclusion programs in partnership with cross-functional teams
• Challenges accepted wisdom
• Cultivates their own curiosity AND focuses on impact
• Has a compelling track record of leading or influencing transformation of talent processes
• Experienced in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
• Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
• Builds concrete solutions
• Has built and motivated high-performing, cross-functional and collaborative teams
• Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex, matrix, and global organization
• Strong storytelling and communication skills; paints a compelling vision of what’s possible
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.