FILM CONNX EXCLUSIVE:
Black Oak TV is actively seeking an Editor to work on a 5-day web Dramedy production in Atlanta, GA during the first week of November 2020.
Day rate is negotiable. Additional information regarding of the job responsibilities, skills and qualifications required are provided below:
The Editor will oversee all aspects of final production editing and will work collaboratively with the crew and other freelance members of the production team (motion graphic artist, assistant editors, etc.) to create the final production work. The ideal candidate will be a visual storyteller who is creative and passionate about editing. The ideal candidate will also have a record of creating video products displaying high-quality aesthetics that have established them as one who does not settle for producing “average” work, but rather goes the extra mile to create beautiful and unforgettable video products.
This is a remote position the hours of which will be reasonably flexible (weekend or odd-shift work hours may be necessary to meet the production deadline).
The Editor will be responsible for:
- Managing and editing the project from beginning to end, working with the creative director, project manager, and other Black Oak TV staff.
- Communicating with the Director of Photography and production team members to suggest b-roll footage needed for projects or other video assets as may be needed for the production.
- Supervising the work of freelance editors or motion graphic artists as may be hired as a part of the production team.
- A BS in film, television or video production (or related field).
- 2+ years of experience as a video production editor (interested candidates should submit either a portfolio or link to their work along with their resume).
- Experience with basic sound mixing (primarily interviews and music) is required. Prior experience with minor audio repair work or sound sweetening is a plus.
- Experience in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop is required. Prior experience with Final Cut Pro (FCPX) and motion graphics or animation is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms and measurements is desired.
- A detail-oriented problem solver with excellent organizational and project management skills, capable of maintaining and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to quickly absorb and respond to creative feedback.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and make creative decisions while exercising and displaying sound judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and project perspectives confidently while meeting production milestones.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
About Black Oak TV:
Black Oak TV aims to bring you the content you want in the manner you want it. When we say you, we’re talking about folks who love black stories, black characters, black jokes, black movies, black web series, and black TV shows. When we say the content you want, we’re talking about things that make you laugh, cry and think. And when we say in the manner you want it, we mean on-demand and on any device. Subscribe to Black Oak TV and get what you want, how you want it. #StillWeStream