$40,000.00 — 45,000.00 per year
Sema Films is seeking a full-time editor to start immediately. This person would oversee all aspects of editing for the company and would work with other freelancers (motion graphic artist, assistant editors, etc.) as needed. Occasional production-related tasks (mostly remote) might also be needed and account up to 25% of the job.
Sema Films works primarily with non-profits and faith-based organizations, creating short videos that promote and further the work of our clients.
The ideal candidate will be a visual storyteller who is creative and passionate about working with non-profit organizations. An editor working for our company needs to be able to translate a client’s vision into film products that help them live out their mission. Sometimes this means pushing back with the client to ensure the best practices in the industry are implemented. We are seeking an editor who is familiar, and perhaps has had experience with all steps of the film/video production process and who is able to contribute to the structure and growth of the company.
The person hired for this position will work remotely and can be somewhat flexible with hours. Occasionally the person in this position might need to work on weekends or shift their hours to work with a tight deadline.
– A problem solver
– Detail-oriented with excellent organization and project management skills
– Able to work on schedule and within tight deadlines
– Known for creating video products with high-quality aesthetics
– Not a person who settles for average but willing to go the extra mile to create beautiful and unforgettable video products every time you’re assigned an edit
– Familiar with (and perhaps have experience with) all steps of the film/video production process
– Manage editing projects from beginning to end, working with a creative director, a project manager, and other Sema Films staff
– Occasionally communicate with clients about new/existing projects
– Communicate with Director of Photography and others to suggest b-roll needed for projects or other video assets needed
– Supervise freelance work from other editors or motion graphic artists. We also will hire out voiceover work and miscellaneous work such as sound mixing, that might need direct attention.
– Work on set occasionally for productions, both in-person and remote. Note that during the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking all precautions in keeping crew, talent, and clients safe.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
– Proven work experience as a video editor (please submit portfolio or link to your work). We would prefer to hire someone who has at least two years of experience working in the field, but the portfolio is most important
– The ideal candidate will be be proficient in Adobe Premiere, and have experience with other Adobe applications such as After Effects and Photoshop. Experience in other applications such as Final Cut Pro (FCPX) might be helpful at times, but not required at this time.
– Experience in Adobe After Effects is also important for this position. Most of our projects will have some assets from After Effects that need to be either manipulated or created from scratch. While not a requirement, extensive experience with motion graphics or animation would be a plus for this position.
– This candidate will spend their time working on a vast amount of creative projects, including educational/training videos, local commercials and promotional content, product demos, and full-length documentaries.
– Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms and measurements required.
– Experience with basic sound mixing (primarily interviews and music). It will also help if you have experience in minor audio repair work or sound sweetening.
– Be available during pre-agreed time frames. Schedule can be flexible (if needed) and could include work on weekends
– Capacity to work from home, with the possibility of working in an Atlanta-area office in the future.
– Familiarity with faith-based organizations (in multiple faith traditions) and non-profits is helpful for this position. While the candidate does not need to be part of a faith tradition, they should not be antagonistic toward people of faith or the work of non-profit organizations
– Work for this position will begin immediately after the candidate is hired. Applications are rolling until the position is filled.
ABOUT SEMA FILMS
Sema Films is a media production company that works with non-profits, social enterprises, foundations and other organizations to tell the stories of their important work. With more than 20 years of working with non-profit clients, we know what helps you thrive and we’re always ready to help.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.