Gathers and enters traffic information into internal systems and delivers traffic reports on multiple stations in Atlanta region.
• Gathers regional Atlanta traffic information and enter details into internal computer and web systems.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic hold-ups on affiliated broadcast stations.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information; keeps all facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current, and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient with basic computer skills such as keyboard input
• Knowledgeable of local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to work split shifts; 4 hours in AM Drive, 4 hours in PM Drive
• No relocation services offered
• Previous on-air broadcast experience preferred but not required
• 4-year college degree preferred but not required
• None required
Atlanta, GA: 1819 Peachtree Road NE, Suites: 210, 605, 700, 30309
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.