East Bay Center for the Performing Arts339 11th St, Richmond, California 94801
In this role, you will plan, shoot and edit video for East Bay Center for the Performing Arts, a 50-year-old Richmond institution, serving a diverse population of children and youth of the East Bay. Your work will be instrumental in helping the Center secure funding from a variety of private foundations and other institutional and governmental grant-making organizations. In addition, your work will be an important part of social media outreach campaigns, student and faculty portfolios, and other initiatives. You will join a small, dedicated staff in a crucial position communicating the Center’s critical impact in the lives of its young students. The role requires flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work quickly under tight deadlines.
• minimum of 2 years professional experience operating a wide range of video cameras, including DSLRs and traditional camcorders
• experience capturing audio using on board mics and external recording devices
• experience filming events, particularly concerts and other performances
• experience filming in a documentary style in various environments / lightning conditions, such as classrooms, theaters, and community spaces
• excellent understanding of shooting for the edit, composition and aesthetics
• minimum 2 years professional experience editing documentary style video
• Mac skills
• highly organized, specifically when it comes to digital media
We use Final Cut Pro X for editing. If your experience is in another editor, such as Premiere, that’s fine, but you must be willing to learn FCPX and use it, at least part of the time, moving forward. Much of our legacy media is implemented in FCPX libraries. Our preference is for candidates who know this software already. We have two Canon XA10 camcorders and a Zoom H4N audio recorder. You may elect to use your own camera equipment if you prefer.
• experience in a small non-profit, particularly an arts-focused organization
• experience archiving digital media
• experience with and sensitivity for working with diverse youth and children
• teaching experience
• experience with multi-camera shooting and editing
• ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems on your own
• ability to take quick changes and sudden deadlines in stride in a positive and responsive way
• ability to occasionally work nights and weekends
To Apply Please send cover letter and resume to Ruthie.Dineen@eastbaycenter.org.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.