Job Title: Part-Time Digital Media Instructors
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 1636
The Division of Humanities and Fine Arts at Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a four-year, degree-granting institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking highly skilled and motivated instructors to join our team. Part-Time Digital Media Instructors must be capable of teaching film-production classes such as Animation & Motion Graphics, Sound for Digital Media, Digital Media Production, and Post Production for Digital Media during the day, evenings, weekends and/or online. These Part-Time positions have no benefits. The College currently serves over 2000 commuting students on its beautifully landscaped campus which is located 10 minutes south of downtown Atlanta and 15 minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Special Applicant Instructions
Interested persons should apply online at www.atlm.edu. The following materials should be submitted electronically: (1) application for employment; (2) a letter of interest/application; (3) a discussion of the applicant’s philosophy of education and teaching; (4) a detailed curriculum vita; (5) the name, titles, current addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional/work related references including at least one reference from applicant’s current or most recent employer, and (6) copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide official copies of all college transcripts to the Dean of the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts. A Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluation is required for foreign graduate degrees. A criminal background check is also required. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Applicants wishing to teach Digital Media courses must have an earned Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 graduate semester or 30 graduate quarter hours in film-production, graphic design, and/or screenwriting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ideal candidates must:
* be able to teach film-production courses such as Animation & Motion Graphics, Sound for Digital Media, Digital Media Production, and Post Production for Digital Media,
* have experience using Adobe CC including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Premier Pro,
* have training and experience teaching online and face-to-face courses,
* have a history of effective teaching at the collegiate level,
* have experience working in the film, video, and/or digital media industries,
* keep regular office hours and grade assignments,
* have strong oral and written communication,
* have listening and organizational skills;
* be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel,
* have the ability to collaborate effectively with others,
* have the ability to use small office equipment (including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems),
* have the ability to use computers for data entry and word processing,
* be willing to follow a standardized curriculum,
* have experience using online class management software to record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades, and
* complete other duties as assigned by the Dean of the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts.
This applicant pool will remain open and will allow the College to use interested Part-Time Digital Media Instructors based on student enrollment needs.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.