Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB) is hiring a Producer Editor in the Production Department to write, produce, and edit multi-media content across GPB platforms and to develop and manage project and production budgets. GPB is a statewide public media network with nine television and eighteen radio stations and is also a state authority. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Production Services.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism, Mass Media, Television Production, or related field required;
• 3 years of experience in television production, broadcasting or a related field required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere and Microsoft computer products required.
• Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
• Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks and multiple deadlines.
• Must be able to work varying shifts and have flexibility to work some extended hours; to include seven days per week, weekends and holidays.
• Writes, produces and edits original content across multimedia platforms.
• Creates and edits elements to support social media efforts.
• Generates, adapts, or develops concepts; researches topics and content; plans time frame, assists and brainstorms with other producers; and exchanges creative suggestions on projects.
• Writes scripts; directs shoots; maintains creative control over projects, and coordinates with and responds to technical staff regarding required equipment.
• Oversees staff and interacts with set designer, camera, lighting, video, and other technical and creative personnel.
• Plans production schedules including booking crews and facilities, making travel arrangements, and setting up location shoots and/or studio recordings; prioritizes production tasks.
• Logs and transcribes footage and supervises computer editing sessions; creates rough cuts and edit decision lists; reviews program content with supervisor.
• Responds to questions, inquiries, complaints, etc. from clients, producers, staff, and senior management when needed.
• Provides administrative support and prepares a variety of documents to include reports associated with the responsibilities of this job and as needed, to include reporting faulty equipment, making photocopies; substitutes for co-workers in temporary absence of same and operates technical equipment in studio and/or control room as needed.
• Maintains archive of documents and other elements related to assigned projects and sends links of content for clients and potential clients.
• Participates in the screenings of various programs and other related duties as required.
• Attends various meetings, professional workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed.
• Performs related duties as required
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, cover letter, list of three references and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center will be accepted, and ONLY completed applications will be reviewed.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.