Campus Location: Atlanta
Position Type: Full Time
Position Title Professor of Animation
Work Year: Academic Year
SCAD has been named among the world’s top animation schools and among the “Ivy League of Animation” by 3D World magazine. You have the opportunity to join the team that makes this happen as a full-time professor in the animation department at SCAD Savannah.
As a professor of animation, you will develop and extend students’ awareness of story, design, audience and collaboration in production. Therefore, a keen understanding of commercial or independent filmmaking would be a major asset to the position. Apply your industry experience and expert technical proficiency in the classroom teaching a unique curriculum that explores animation styles ranging from stop-motion to 3-D animation and includes digital modeling, rigging, lighting and look development.
One of the fastest growing cities in the U.S., Atlanta provides professionals an ideal environment to live, work and play. Located in the heart of Midtown, SCAD Atlanta is home to a dynamic cultural landscape that includes theaters, museums, fine art galleries, bustling shops and countless green spaces, including Piedmont Park and Atlanta’s famed BeltLine. The capital of the New South, Atlanta provides both southern charm and the ebb and flow of an alpha city.
• Terminal degree or its equivalent in animation or a related field
• Strong portfolio of work that reflects a high degree of knowledge in animation
• Strong understanding of gesture drawing for animation
• Strong understanding of the animation production pipeline
• Experience with 3-D animation
• Ability to demonstrate, by providing an online demo reel, expertise in character animation (multiple mediums preferred: 2-D, 3-D, stop-motion, hybrid)
• College-level teaching experience, proven leadership skills and ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special instructions to applicants:
Note: Only complete packages will be considered. An unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, cover letter, resume or CV, and portfolio are required. For the portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, or a URL.
Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.