The Programming & Merchandising Producer is responsible for curating, programming and publishing content to Discovery’s sites, TV Everywhere and Direct to Consumer experiences. The Programming & Merchandising Producer will be responsible for supporting specific networks and curating digital experiences to drive engagement and awareness.
The Programming & Merchandising Producer will have a creative programming eye coupled with a relentlessly data-driven approach. He or she will represent the Programming & Merchandising team at meetings and work closely with network programming, marketing, and social teams to ensure that our sites and TVE experiences extend the brand, communicate a coherent message in sync with network campaigns while providing an online experience that delights users and drives revenue.
1. Package content for network priorities, seasonal opportunities, and around trending topics.
2. Program promotional areas on apps and sites; work with social, digital, and network marketing teams for effective promotion of content
3. Coordinate with digital marketing to ensure promotional strategies and commitments for the TVE and DTC experiences
4. Evangelize/Socialize TVE/DTC mission and goals to various internal teams including Programming, Marketing, Digital, TV Production, Press, Ad Sales, and Research
5. Track delivery of long-form content to ensure all deadlines are met
6. Responsible for publishing long and short-form content via a variety of content management systems in line with the publishing strategy for that network in a deadline driven environment
7. Work in conjunction with matrixed divisional resources (design, product, digital distribution, DML post, and social media)
8. Explore new methods of converging online and TV long-form content and promotional efforts to create seamless experiences for fans of DCI networks.
9. Stay current with latest streaming products and programming strategies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations — ensuring that our offerings are living or heading where the audience will eventually be.
10. Evaluate content performance on a daily basis via analytic tools and dashboards, recommending changes when appropriate.
11. In conjunction with content schedulers, ensure that all content published to TVE and DTC experiences has been cleared legally and meets the standards of the Channel brand.
12. Become familiar with vast content library in order to include titles in stunts and packages, as well as to promote series that may become relevant due to news, popular culture and/or as a complement to new series on air.
13. Work in lock-step with DTC producers to ensure content and publishing strategy is being met at all times.
- Bachelors degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
- 3+ year’s experience in online/interactive media, program scheduling or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
- Video programming/production/development experience a plus
- Expertise in building and executing content curation and content mix development strategies
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Flexible and can pivot as the project dictates; thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery’s Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.