A role that assists in creating and setting the highest standard of quality content that the team produces for all parties. Creates and develops clear and brand-relevant content and copy for Home Depot, including social platforms such as, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Home Depot’s Blog, etc. Tasks include the creation of original materials (photography, infographics, DIY projects, video production) and the curation of existing assets from social influencers, vendors, and enterprise partners. Manages social properties to align to company priorities to drive to the stores and online. Manages outreach with social influencers and associates to curate real, authentic and genuine content to be leveraged throughout the interconnected retail experience. Works in partnership with senior leadership to refine strategic initiatives into tactical execution plans. Helps report out on creative performance in partnership with paid social media teammates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
– 20% Write headlines, feature articles, marketing and promotional copy for products, vendors and various categories/departments
– 20% Ensure all messaging is on target and consistent with the department/organization’s objectives and vision
– 10% Work/communicate with leaders, product experts and vendors to write effective and relative copy
– 10% Edit content to adhere with online editorial standards and brand guidelines
– 10% Oversee assigned areas of site, supervising and coordinating efforts among merchants, designers and marketing managers
– 10% Ensure all work/copy/content is top quality, proofread and error-free
– 10% Plan projects and arrange schedule to meet or exceed all deadlines within budget
– 10% Work in CMS/Editing software to modify and push content/ images live
NATURE AND SCOPE
– Position reports to Reports to Manager, Social Media
– No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
– Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
– Must be eighteen years of age
– Must pass the Drug Test
– Must pass the Background Check
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 4
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge of principles of photography, design, video creation, copywriting and editing
Knowledge and experience with social media platform management, social publishing software
Knowledge of marketing and advertising
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or other relevant area or equivalent work experience
4 plus years experience in writing headlines/copy, proofing and editing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Strong writing, grammar, punctuation, spelling skills
Knowledge of ecommerce writing
Knowledge of content strategy and content creation processes
Knowledge of online marketing, advertising and ecommerce
High level project management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.