Job Division: The Woodruff Arts Center
Department: Special Events
Reports To: Director of Event Operations
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
The Special Events Technician/AV Coordinator will be scheduled as an AV Technician for on campus special events, which includes set-up of equipment, providing AV services, and tear down/restore of rooms and equipment. A knowledge of sound/PA, projection, and lighting systems is required. Knowledge of theatrical light and sound systems preferred. The Special Events Technician/AV Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and overseeing external AV technicians/companies when additional labor is required. This position will directly interact with both internal and external clients ensuring that all AV requirements requested are met in a timely manner. A candidate for this position must be pleasant under pressure and able to communicate clearly as the subject expert for the department.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized, experienced technician who is a self-starter and can self-train on equipment if needed. The Special Events Technician/AV Coordinator will be responsible for managing the AV inventory of the Special Events department of the Woodruff Arts Center, conducting biannual inventories of equipment, routine checks of equipment, and maintenance on AV equipment. The Special Events Technician/AV Coordinator will be cross-trained as an Event Steward to fulfill stewarding functions for receptions, theatrical events, and film shoots.
• Days & hours, including nights and weekends, fluctuate based upon events scheduled.
• Flexible schedule necessary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Execute AV Technician services for meetings and events for the special events department at the Woodruff Arts Center, including set-up and implementation of sound and projection systems and theatrical lighting systems.
• Interface with internal and external clients on AV needs and document/distribute to assigned Sales Manager. Able to problem solve with clients and Sales Managers both prior and during events.
• Responsible for scheduling and training external AV technicians and AV companies based on event specific requirements.
• Manage Special Events Department AV equipment inventory, including conducting inventory, weekly “room sweeps,” and maintenance. Provide problem escalation support and issue resolution. Able to troubleshoot and maintain in- house & rental equipment working with managers to take corrective action should issues arise. Keep AV storage areas organized and well managed.
• Cross-trained as an Event Steward to provide stewarding coverage for events and film shoots; provides end-of-shift reports distributed to Woodruff staff.
• Participate in weekly planning meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred.
• Minimum three years of experience supporting audiovisual for events and/or theatrical performances.
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of sound, projection, and lighting systems.
• Proficient in office technology/equipment including Office Suite programs.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be extremely organized and able to follow through on details. Must have good time management skills.
• Outgoing, friendly, confident, dedicated individual with a team-first attitude; able to remain calm under pressure.
• Encourage a team environment in which best creative work can emerge.
• Must be highly self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision.
• Personable with excellent spoken and written English skills mandatory.
• Ability to write correspondence and reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely with clients, volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and employees, in person and on the telephone.
• Ability to solve practical problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations where standardization is limited, and immediate decisions are necessary.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, and bending; frequent use of hands; stooping; and light lifting (at least 50 pounds) is needed.
• Must be comfortable on ladders, lifts, and elevated working areas.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please tell this employer you found the listing at FilmConnx.com.