Position: Temporary Film Director
Hours: Part time and will increase to Full time, (March-May)
National High School Institute Film Director
- This position is for the National High School Institute Film Division (the “Cherub” program) at Northwestern University, in Evanston. https://nhsi.northwestern.edu/film-video-division/. This is part time work from March through May and full-time work from June 14th – July 25th, 2021.
- The National High School Institute at Northwestern University is seeking a qualified candidate to run its 5-week summer Film Institute on the Northwestern campus.
- Supervise and monitor a staff of approximately 20
- Structure and coordinate pre-summer and ongoing training for all staff
- Assist in pre-summer Institute planning and organization, including:
- Creating elective course catalog and summer calendar
- Assisting Director with dormitory and classroom space allocation
- Lead and direct the day-to-day aspects of the program including:
- Plan and organize day to day schedule of the Institute
- Meeting daily with students and faculty for information sharing and instruction
- Meeting weekly with faculty formally and every day informally to keep a finger on the pulse of every person participating in the program
- Student placement in Elective and Master Classes
- Monitor the health and safety of all students (80+) and staff (20+)
- Manage overall program content and structure
- The ideal candidate is an experienced educator/artist with extensive administrative experience and management skills and a passion for working with teenagers. Candidate must have a background in film production.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Film, Arts Education, Education or Arts Administration, preferably Master’s degree, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in teaching youth
- 2+years in film production
- Experience managing and supervising a team
- Self-Motivated, Creative, Resourceful Educator/Artist
- Strong Work Ethic and Commitment to Teamwork
- Communication:Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a variety of personalities.
- Strong Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.