Suwanee, GA 30024 • 310-293-5792
email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/thomasknutson
Video Producer / Video Production Manager
Accomplished video production manager, producer, director, videographer and editor with strong creative sensibilities and a mastery of operations and metrics. Highly organized and detail-oriented leader, skilled at overseeing television commercial production from conception to completion, as well as managing long-form direct response advertising and live-streamed multi-camera events. Passionate about technology, consistently updating knowledge of new techniques and software and integrating emerging technology into new and ongoing productions. Demonstrated ability to measure project effectiveness and propose changes in process and technology to drive efficiency and productivity.
· Technical Operations
· Project Management
· Schedule Management
· Post-Production Management
· Live Production
· Video Editing
· Audio Mixing
· Live Web & Mobile Content
Independent Video Production Professional, 2018 – 2020
Videographer for corporate outreach interviews/testimonials.
Editor of customer experience interviews, focus group sessions, and corporate marketing videos.
Aerial survey photographer for public utility contractor.
TenTek, Inc., Glendale, CA
Video Production Specialist / Consultant, 2019 -2020
Produced and directed live streamed corporate meetings. multi-camera events and social media marketing videos. Consulted on video production infrastructure changes, facility upgrades and equipment purchases.
Mattel, Inc., El Segundo, CA
AV Technician, 2019 – 2020
Supported live streamed corporate meetings and multi-camera events as an AV technician and production specialist.
Auction.com (formerly Ten-X / Real Estate Disposition, LLC / National Recreational Properties), Irvine, CA
Senior Broadcast Services Manager, 2005 – 2018
Managed high-performing production department team of three members, including hiring, training, and employee development. Oversaw daily video production and post-production workflow. Produced multi-camera live events, identifying bottlenecks and providing solutions for faster turnarounds while maintaining high quality output. Edited television commercials, long-form infomercials, social media videos, and corporate videos. Developed and maintained departmental policies and best practices. Selected and purchased in-house video production equipment, including edit systems, file servers, cameras, studio equipment, and remote field gear. Directed equipment installation, repair, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Increased video content output over 500% within three years and decreased average project completion time by 70%.
- Enhanced efficiency by designing and equipping in-house green screen virtual sets in four offices, used for internal live-streamed projects, corporate presentations, and public-facing webinars.
- Orchestrated production of internal news program streamed to corporate offices nationwide, increasing from six broadcasts in the first year to 24 annual bi-weekly broadcasts.
- Received Bronze Stevie Award and Marcum Gold Award for internal communications.
- Recognized as Gold Winner from Hermes Creative Awards and achieved AVA Digital Award as well as Award of Distinction from Communicator Awards.
TK Productions, Torrance, CA
Freelance Videographer / Editor, 2004 – 2017
Worked as an independent videographer/editor on corporate videos, weddings, commercials, live events and on a feature length documentary, consistently delivering high-quality and compelling content.
- Produced over 150 wedding videos for clients throughout Southern California.
- Edited a documentary that won Culver City Film Festival Official Selection and Grand Prize awards.
Spectrum Reach (formerly Time Warner Media Sales / Adelphia Media Services), Los Angeles, CA
Commercial Producer, 1997 – 2005
Collaborated closely with sales executives to produce effective and creative television spots. Oversaw all aspects of commercial production, including brainstorming, writing, shooting, and editing. Managed multiple projects simultaneously, consistently delivering high-quality and compelling commercial production on-time and on-budget.
- Produced over 1.5K television commercials in West Los Angeles market, including Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and South Bay beach cities.
- Awarded highest revenue generating producer designation for two quarters.
- Achieved two LCA Awards from the Southern California Cable Association.
Additional experience as Commercial Producer for Comcast and Production Technician for Charter Communications.
Mac OS & Windows
Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Audition), DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, ProTools, Boris RED, FX, Graffiti, Newtek LiveText, Newtek Virtual Set Editor, Techsmith Camtasia, MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
Live Streaming & Technical Direction
NewTek Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition, Tricaster Mini, Talkshow 4000, Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio, Wirecast, Skype TX, Teradek VidiU, Zoom, LTN LEAF, YouTube Live, Vimeo Live, Facebook Live, Vaddio RoboShot, PTZOptics G2, Prompter People Teleprompters, Steadicam ProVid
Bachelor of Science, Mass Communications (Broadcast Sequence & TV Production Focus)
St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
Business & Management of Entertainment Program, UCLA Extension
Avid Express, Moviola • Final Cut Pro & After Effects, Video Symphony
Media 100 Editing, Post-Op Video • Adobe Photoshop, Learning Tree University
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) • CompTIA A+ (pending)
SoCal Media Pros • Digital Media Artists Los Angeles (DMA/LA)
Los Angeles Creative Pro Users Group (LACPUG)
St. Cloud State University
- 1991 Bachelor of Science - Mass Communication (Television Production)
Auction.com (formerly Ten-X)
- June, 2005 - May, 2018 Senior Broadcast Services Manager
Spectrum Reach (formerly Time Warner Media Sales, Adelphia Media Services)
- April, 1997 - June, 2005 Commercial Producer